So I probably haven’t sat down and watched MTV’s Video Music Awards in full since the 8th grade, but last night I settled in for the long haul. The absurdity that followed was to be expected, but here are my reactions nonetheless.
1) What the hell was Rihanna wearing? She needs to be less of a Lady Gaga and more of a sexier Alicia Keys. When you’re that hot, you don’t need to be weird.
2) Whether you like Eminem or not, he’s a great performer. He sounds exactly the same live as he does on his albums.
3) Usher can sure dance. I bet Puffy was sitting in the audience all crunked thinking yea I’m responsible for that too.
4) Chelsea whatever-her-name-is cracked a joke about TI not being able to attend the ceremony. TI and his wife were arrested last week, and the cops said that the car smelled like weed. Upon further searching of the car, they also found what they beleive to be ecstacy. The pills are being tested. TI got out of jail 5 months ago. Come on man.
5) “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence and the Machine — guilty pleasure or do I am just subconciously dying to see Eat, Pray, Love?
6) The World of Jenks = stupid. Very stupid.
7) Lady Gaga wore meat? What?
8)Kanye’s performance was good and certainly showed his star power, but the chorus to that song is questionable.