Lots of strange and bizarre happenings occurred in the world of sports and entertainment yesterday. In lieu of this, I present you with Tuesday’s Top 5……
1) Cliff Lee pitched 8-innings of 2-hit (both singles), 13 strikeout baseball en route to beating the Yankees 8-0 in game 3 of the ALCS. I see a 2-hitter against the Yankees lineup as being a -1 hitter, a playoff first. Roy Halladay must be sad. Lee improved his postseason record to 7-0, with a 1.26 ERA. All of this from a guy who doesn’t throw very hard and has something of a loopy curve ball. He’s like a left-handed fusion of Greg Maddux and Curt Schilling. And he’s well on his way to overtaking Curt Schilling’s title of the best postseason pitcher in history (Schilling was 11-2 with a 2.23 ERA).
2) Justin Bieber got in a scuffle with a 12-year-old who insisted on shooting him as often as he could in a game of laser tag. The 12-year-old then called Bieber a homophobic slur. Way to go, Biebs. If you’re so cool, why are you playing laser tag in Canada?
3) TI is going back to jail, this time for 11 months as a result of a traffic stop that violated his probation. Will his new CD ever come out?
4) Magic Johnson sold his ownership share of the Lakers to a doctor, a “tough business decision” that he made for his family. And people were joking before that he’s buying his way out of AIDS.
5) Former Charger and Patriot Junior Seau drove his car off a California cliff after being charged with domestic violence against his 25-year-old live in girlfriend. Stop trying to be like Tiger, Junior.
Check out http://chrisross91.wordpress.com.