This could be you Floyd Mayweather. Are you afraid of Manny Pacquiao now? Oh wait, you already were. In fact, I already wrote a post on Floyd Mayweather the chump. Manny is the real Champ.
So here it is Floyd — the Top 10 Reasons Floyd Mayweather Needs to Man-ny Pacquiao Up and get in the ring.
1) Aren’t you a competitor? If you were half as good as you say you are you’d be confident that you could beat Manny — with ease. I mean, this guy’s got 3 losses and you’ve never been beat.
2) Your running your mouth and not backing it up. You’re going on the internet and posting videos of yourself calling Manny “a little yellow chump.” If you actually thought this was true, you’d get in the ring and knock him out in the first round. Even you know you won’t be considered the best ever til you beat Manny, so get on it. All of the best fighters in history talked trash and backed it up. See Mohammed Ali. I suggest you do the same.
3) You are 5’8 with a 72″ reach to Manny’s 5’6 with a 67″ reach. Not to mention you are hailed for you incredible speed. On paper, you’ve got a win half in the bag.
4) You point out Manny’s losses to downplay him as an opponent. His last loss was in 2005 to Erik Morales in 12 rounds. He proceeded to fight and beat Morales twice in 2006, the second victory a KO in 3 rounds.
5) You beat Oscar de la Hoya when you fought him, a very controversial split decision in 12 rounds. You’re lucky you are considered undefeated still. When Manny fought Oscar the fight had to be stopped by the referee in the 8th round for Oscar’s safety.
6) Both of you also fought Ricky Hatton. You won by TKO in 10 rounds — Pacquiao KO’d him in 2 rounds.
7) Despite his losses, Manny’s got a lot on his side of the argument for being the better fighter. He’s got titles in 8 weight classes, and the photo above of what Pacquiao did to Antonio Margarito last week will go down in boxing history. And Margarito is no slouch — he was 38-7 with 27 KO’s going into the fight. What have you done lately Floyd?
8)We know you’re all about money. You guys are 32 and 33 now, and given Manny’s crushing of Margarito the prize money will never be higher. Do the fight before you are both over the hill.
9) Do it, because deep down there is a little twinge of fear in you. You’d never admit it, but when you lie in bed at night it’s there. Why would you not fight him if it wasn’t there?
10) Do it, because if you don’t, you’ll never go down as the best fighter ever because you didn’t go through Manny. Sure, your reputation is on the line — you’re undefeated, and a loss would be crushing for your legacy. But without beating Manny, your legacy will not be what you want it to be. For either of you to forever be considered the best, you’ve got to beat the other. I thought you were boxers. Why are you shying away now?
Think about it. This one is a no-brainer.
Check out http://chrisross91.wordpress.com.